Thursday, October 01, 2009

Stuff Cody Likes - October 1, 2009

Well there's already sites about stuff "people like", so why not do my own, since I'm traditionally pickier than every other person on the planet it seems, plus people seem to comment about it day in, day out!

  • Ketchup Chips.. ZOMG.. when I buy a big bag of Ketchup Chips (by Old Dutch), I always end up pigging out, I have to eat the *WHOLE* bag in one sitting, it's aweful. I can't *JUST* eat one or two chips, I have to eat the whole thing. Ketchup chips are heavenly, a mixture of greasy potato and ketchup "salt". What's weird is no ketchup chip tastes ANYTHING like ketchup. Every time I try to get American friends to try Ketchup chips, they give me the cringe of death, thinking it's the worst idea for a snack, ever.. but deep fried Mars bars are "okay?" Seriously, try them, ketchup chips rock! They're even now available in the Midwest USA.
  • Beavertails.. basically fried/baked dough pounded to look like a beaver tail, then various toppings such as cinnamon sugar, nutella, and candies are spread all over the dough. It is an amazing treat. They really need to bring an outlet or two in Manitoba someday, great alternative to mini donuts. I saw an American variety of the Beaver Tail in the US at a state fair in the summer, it was called an elephant ear, it was alright but NOT a Beaver Tail.
  • Half Pints beer.. the BEST beer company in Western Canada.. and also the first beer company on the prairies to cater to the beer snob like myself, one of their beers is even rated 10th best beer in Canada by Ratebeer.com! Their brewery DOES NOT make the traditional prairie pilsener style beers.. since that's overdone, they try something different instead. The brewery has really taken off in the last year or two, well what do you expect for a brewery that makes GOOD local beer! I even saw one guy buying about a dozen bottles of one of their beers, that sells for $4.50 (pre-tax) PER BOTTLE! Talk about loyalty towards a beer company!
  • My iPhone.. what's not to love about it? I can keep in contact with any/all of my friends and family 24 hours a day (not that it's a good thing or anything), I can check information on the internet asap, watch YouTube videos and blog if I wanted to.
  • Lastly.. sleep, who doesn't love a nice long sleep on a comfortable bed? That's where I'm heading now, à bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment