Saturday, October 10, 2009

25 things you probably didn't know about me..

Well everyone usually does these sort of surveys from time to time, so why not me? I'm bored so here we gooooo!

  1. When I was in highschool, I used to publish quite a few articles for numismatic magazines. For those who don't know what numismatics is, it's basically coin collecting. So yeah, I wrote articles about coins and paper money. Okay, I was a nerd, so what!
  2. Not only did I like coins and paper money, I briefly liked stamps too.. but that was just too busy to handle. So many stamps, so little time. I love the artwork on our money, the history, the quality. My oldest coin is well over 2000 years old!
  3. While still on this topic, I got second place in a nation-wide contest with the Bank of Canada for an essay on paper money. I should've been first place but you can't win them all.
  4. When I was young, I thought I was going to be 1) A farmer.. I really did think I was going to be a farmer because it used to be a very prosperous job, and I wanted to be like my dad. 2) A weatherman.. I was obsessed with the weather, whenever the weather report was on TV, I had to watch it in full, the rest of the news I didn't give a rats ass about. 3) A train conductor.. I still have an appreciation for trains for some reason, but I thought I'd be a train conductor, going across the prairies, honking the horn late at night, waving at little kids. I was supposed to be picked up on a train when I was little, but that never happened but it wouldve been cool if I could've gotten a ride in a cabin.
  5. I graduated with a degree in politics. When I started developing my interest in politics was around 1993 when the Federal election took place. I was watching it in full (but I don't remember it much), and I remember becoming a big fan of Royal Canadian Air Farce thanks to it. I thought Jean Charest was the coolest guy ever. I watched the 1995 Quebec referendum in full too. Oh ya.. did you know that Jean Charest was on Just For Laughs playing a stage director on one skit?
  6. When I was 4 years old a picture of me was on Skiddle Bits, which was a show on CTV aimed for kids, everyone my age was on it. It was my birthday, so Joey (the host) said happy birthday from my mom and dad and puppies and whatnot. I had it on tape until about 13ish years ago when my mom taped over it because she wanted to tape Pocahontas.
  7. I'm kind of surprised I like beer, mainly because I told myself I wouldn't drink. Well somehow I ended up drinking anyways. When I was 18, I couldn't stand more than a beer or two per month, but now.. I have such pompous beer tastes now. I'm too snooty to drink crap.
  8. I'm very shy... way too shy, but most people know that. I get too shy to walk up to random people, just thinking about it makes my heart beat fast and I get all shakey. If it's a musician I enjoy, it's sometimes even worse. At the WCMA afterparty, there was a famous music producer who I wanted to say hi, but thanks to me being too scared, I never got the courage to walk up to him.
  9. I really have no idea where I want to be in life, I always dream I'll have an amazing house, big HDTV, and a bar in the bedroom with custom built keg compartments, and special glasses for each different type of beer!
  10. For employment, I want a job I love. I want to travel the world, but at the same time I want a job that doesn't bring very difficult obstacles. I would love to have a job in the music industry, but I don't know.. at the same time I want an amazing paying job where I don't have to worry about budgetting over every little thing.
  11. Until I was 12 years old, my parents had FarmerVision, FOUR channels. CKND (Global), CKY (CTV), CKX (now defunct CBC) and Radio-Canada. I don't know how I was able to live that amount of my life on that little amount of TV, especially since most TV was crap even back then.
  12. Speaking of FarmerVision, my parents had dialup internet until 2 years ago. Yes DIALUP INTERNET! 28.8k internet. Why does everyone expect everyone to have highspeed internet in even this day and age? Cable companies, phone companies, ISPs just refuse to provide service to rural areas. My parents now have highspeed internet. It's awesome, I'm watching a movie and on my laptop's wireless network. It rocks!
  13. I'm starting to run out of ideas.. but oh ya.. I have very very short term memory.. mainly if I'm talking about a topic.
  14. My topics tend to get very off topic, I'm just random minded, and I have to say what's on my mind, or else I forget what I wanted to say.
  15. I'm a nice guy, and I don't like to interrupt people. But what pisses me off to no end is when people interrupt me.. it happens all the time, from EVERYONE, I just act all calm. I guess it's cuz I'm just too nice and not a loud mouth
  16. I'm actually a scared guy when walking on the street, when people pass by, I always get scared that they're going to assault me or some shit. Others think I might look like an asshole, but I'm not. But in Brandon it's SO normal to see people yelling obscenities while walking on the street, or if people pass you by while listening to an iPod.. people here are assholes, think theyre funny. One time I even got physically assaulted. Pushed, punched, shoved by some wannabe gangsters, who were probably a combined weight of 175lbs.
  17. Even though I'm on Twitter quite a bit, I personally HATE Twitter.. alot. The only reason why I signed up to Twitter in the first place was as an experiment.. an experiment that went right (I suppose). I've met some cool people on there! But I still find it weird walking up to a person going "aren't you so-and-so on Twitter?"
  18. I think about the past way too much, in particular highschool and first year of University... sometimes I wonder how I could've changed my life
  19. Right now I don't know where I want to be. I'm sick of applying for jobs. I'm unemployed, everyone who I talk to gets all creeped out when I say I don't have a job. But when you apply for 30 different jobs at different places.. and not even get a call back.. it sucks. This city sucks, this province sucks, this economy sucks.
  20. I hate most TV commercials, and I'm actually very vocal about it to the point that I yell at the TV when I see an aweful commercial. I yell at the TV whenever I see Brand Power/Zoot Review commercials. The Brand Power lady is ANNOYING and has ugly hair!
  21. I am a loner.. I have always been. I'm just used to it. I'm not used to making friends, real friends. Whenever I do anything, unless if I have plans.. I always sit by myself. At a concert or a bar I'll sit at my own table, on my own, even if theres people I vaguely know there. I personally don't like interrupting people, and I don't like inviting myself over to tables. I dream of having friends that go "hey Cody, we're going to the pub, you HAVE to come, be there or else!"
  22. I have bad luck with electronics, I really do! I've owned my share of phones, two laptops, and who knows how many gadgets, bad luck with most of them. I've had to get my iPhone replaced after it fried after 11 months of ownership. Both of my laptops had issues.. and I had to return a laptop the day after buying it all because it was JUNK! I've had cameras that were pieces of crap and took aweful photos, even expensive cameras :(
  23. Until the weekend of my 18th birthday, I had never been on a plane. To my parents, a vacation is going two hours away in Minot, North Dakota, or to Winnipeg! However, months after I graduated highschool, they went on a vacation to Las Vegas.. yet they never took me on a trip to anywhere different.. nor have they ever (still). My parents used to go on vacations every year to places like Jamaica and Mexico, but as soon as I was born, of course not anymore! Ha.. but now they go on a vacation again every year, they're going to Colombia next year. Due to not getting to travel when I was younger, I have a huge desire to travel the globe. I dream of going to Australia, rural France & Belgium, South America, etc.
  24. I have only been to two NHL games in my life. First one being Winnipeg Jets vs Florida Panthers.. that was such a horrible game.. both teams stunk but the Jets did well. The second was The Jets vs New Jersey Devils.. the season after the Devils won the cup. Winnipeg won something like 5-3. It was a great game, even though we had the highest nosebleed row in the rink!
  25. I've always wanted to meet: Nardwuar the Human Serviette since seeing him on Much Music in the 90s, he's always an entertaining individual, as well as Burton Cummings/Randy Bachman, Neil Young and Trailer Park Boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment