Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stuff Cody HATES! October 10, 2009

Sure, I like stuff.. just like most normal people, but of course I also dislike.. or just plain HATE stuff! Here we go..

  • SNOW!!! I freaking HATE snow.. well it's not snow what I hate most.. I mostly hate winters. Here in Manitoba, we get winters with temperatures or windchills of as low as -50 degrees CELCIUS (-59F). It's horrible. I like snow, it can be pretty.. but Manitoban winters are not for amateurs, or for normal people, or for immigrants, or for people who like being outdoors. I want to see a winter where the coldest day is.. let's say.. -30C including windchill. But here in Manitoba, -40C winters are the norm. Yesterday we had our first snowfall of the year, usually the first snowfall happens around Halloween.. it's just too early! Also, there's no end in sight, it's supposed to be around -5 to +2C for the next week or so.. boo urns to this, boo urns indeed!
  • Bud Light Lime, Moosehead Light Lime, Big Rock Light Lime, Russell Light Lime, Molson's Miller Chill, etc.. you already know my opinion on this. Stupid idea, overpriced, but the guy who thought up the idea must be rolling in money about now. But since this is Canada, I'm surprised that nobody has marketed the Beer + Clamato beer yet. Here on the prairies, people tend to drink either pilsners, light beers or mix clamato with their beer. It's a tradition. I know lots of rednecks who go down to the US just so they can stock up on their Bud/Bud Light Cheldas.
  • Most TV shows.. I love watching TV but most shows suck now days. Either the shows are reality/dance-or-sing-or-act-or-grow-a-mustache-and-get-judged or they are crime/law/hospital based. I miss comedies.. whatever happened to comedies? Did they die in the 20th century? I love my comedies, from My Name is Earl to The Office to Trailer Park Boys (sadly 2/3 of those are now off the air).
  • Winter. I. Hate. Winter. Oh wait.. I already said that.
  • Price of beer.. it's such a rip off now days. Well, it always has. $21 for a case of domestic swill? That's aweful! You can get a case of the same stuff in the US for $10. Sure the beer will be watered down.. but its still cheaper.
  • People stealing my pictures off of Flickr. Okay.. so I love Flickr and sharing my photos there. The whole reason why I put my photos there is to share with everyone. I'm FINE with people leaching the image and using it for Forum discussions, cuz personally.. I do that too. But I hate it when people take my images off of Flickr, then host it on their website. I'm not a professional or anything, but it kinda makes me feel bleh. I hope one day I don't see a photo of mine getting spread around the internet to the point where sites are putting their watermarks all over them. I'd be peeved if that happened. I don't know why it bothers me, it just does.
  • Trolls, Grammar nazis, douchebags, etc on forums. They suck too.
  • Rogers EDGE.. it's so very very slow. Try using an iPhone over EDGE at 5PM on a Friday, it's near impossible. My hometown, Brandon is one of the largest communities in all of Canada that does not have 3G HSDPA coverage, every other city 40K+ in Canada seems to have 3G, what's taking so long Rogers? By the time I move out of Manitoba, 3G will FINALLY arrive.
  • Finding a job.. I'm sick and tired of looking for a job, I've applied anywhere and everywhere. Sure, I will NOT apply at grocery stores, (fast food) restaurants, telemarketers, or at the hog slaughtering plant.. but I should still be able to get a reasonable job in this day and age. I applied at dozens, and dozens and dozens of jobs since February, I'm still unemployed. This recession sucks. Being a graduate with a double major in Political Science and French seemed like I would find a job EASILY, it's been far from easy. I've applied all over this country, I'm willing to MOVE just so I can find a job. Apparently I'm not even qualified to work a desk job, considering I've worked many desk jobs all my life, even worked in exclusively French before.
  • 3 Year Cellphone contracts.. they suck. On the upside, check out these ads by Wind Mobile, I seriously hope they will turn around the Canadian Cellphone industry: LINKY LINKY!!
  • Politics.. sure, I'm a politics graduate, and I'm a director of a local riding association for a political party, but I'm SICK of politics, the backstabbing, the bullshit, the constant fighting, the constant rumours of elections, hypocratic politicians (or in Harper's case Harpercratic). I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the Neo-Cons constantly attacking their opposition through TV ads, and also through tax payer paid MP newsletters, while the Liberals keep pushing for an election, even though the Cons will win anyways, possibly with a Majority now. Stéphane Dion could have been a great leader, but he never was able to because he wasn't able to stand up for himself. Before he was leader, I knew he was going to be leader of the Liberals, he's a very very smart man.. but I guess it just wasn't his time. Politics is sickening. I'd rather see Justin Trudeau leading the Liberals, Kiefer Sutherland leading the NDP, and anyone-but Ben Mulroney leading the Cons (he's another guy I can't stand).
That's about it for today

No comments:

Post a Comment