Friday, October 16, 2009

Coolest/nicest musicians I have met

I'm sure most of us have met *SOME* of our favourite musicians before, even if it was a minor local celebrity. Sometimes the musician turns out to be a real a-hole, or is actually the nicest and coolest musician/band you have ever met. We've all been there, done that.

Well I'm a shy guy, not sure why, just am. So it's hard to walk up to random musicians after concerts. Well a musician will usually take time out of their busy schedule to chat with you for a few minutes. So here are the coolest/nicest musicians I have met.
  • Sam Roberts, down right the most friendly musician I have ever met. He's the image of the classic hoser rocker, he's polite, friendly, and sings about what he cares about. He was a really cool guy. Not only that, he has a photographic memory.
  • Dan Mangan, he was eerily alot alike Roberts, very friendly. Always had a smile on his face, and always kept a conversation going with who he was talking with. This guy is going to go far. I bugged him more than my share during the WCMA weekend a month ago, but he was very cool the whole time.
  • Novillero/The Waking Eyes, the two friendliest bands I've met. the guys in both bands are so friendly. By the way, if you're in Winnipeg.. you MUST go to Lo Pub, it's the best place in all of Manitoba!
  • April Wine, wow, they are very friendly. Canadian icons, and even when they are insanely tired after a long concert, they chat it up with the audience for a few minutes before heading the road. They know how to rock a crowd!
  • The Wheat Pool, I bumped into them everywhere I went during WCMA time, had a conversation with them quite a bit. They were very friendly and they love their hockey! They just can't believe that Ron Hextall is in fact, from Brandon! Go Wheat Kings!

No comments:

Post a Comment