Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Stuff Cody Hates - March 10, 2010

I haven't done this in a while. But I'm in a grouchy mood as usual, so time for Stuff Cody Hates!

  • Maple Bugs. They're disgusting and they're EVERYWHERE on the farm in the late fall, every year. They're ugly, they fly around and they get on you and annoy you. They freak me out, Bluehfhsahfsa!
  • Beer price increases. On monday the Manitoba Liquor Commission increased the price on almost all the beers sold in Manitoba. What irks me about this is that the Commission states that we have among the cheapest beer in Canada - Sure, if you don't count Quebec and you don't count Ontario when they have sales. Check out BeerDeals.ca, which is a site dedicated to showing the beer deals in Ontario, better deals for the most part compared to Manitoba. $29 for a 24 of Blue, INCLUDING deposit? That's nearly $40 here. Also, they state that this is the first increase to beer prices in SIX years, that's bull because around 6 years ago was when the "value brand" beers came to Manitoba with Minhas Creek. Molson Dry was sold for $5.52 around then for a 6, now it's $7.28. Also, all the big brands such as Blue, Canadian and Kokanee have ALL gone up in price within the last year alone. So that's BS.
  • Birthdays. Birthdays effing suck, it's just another day of the year, but apparently my friends/family have better friends than I do here in Brandon. I get random invites to surprise parties for random people I don't talk to or even my sister's big 1-8, but nobody has ever done something of that nature for me. I don't care either ways, this town is an effing shithole, and I have never felt welcome here in either way.
  • This town.
  • Unemployment
  • Ice on sidewalks. There's a business here in town that has their eves trough/water flow pointing directly to the sidewalk. So all winter long, there's 4 inches of ice on the sidewalk, I've slipped and hurt my back on that specific spot several times each winter, now I avoid that street completely. I wish they would effing atleast do something about it so people can walk, that's not a place to allow your drainage of melting snow runoff, it's a public sidewalk.
  • Telemarketers
  • Greyhound. I effing hate greyhound, well that's obvious, since this whole piece is about stuff I dislike. I wish Brandon had a Via Rail terminal 

No comments:

Post a Comment