Monday, March 15, 2010

Goals for the next nine months


Drinking a cold cerveza, originally uploaded by Cody La Bière.
Well it's been a year now since I started looking for a full time job, and fast forward to now, I'm still exactly where I was 12 months earlier.. but without a job and not doing anything. I've drafted a 10-goal list that I hope/need to reach within the next 9 months.

  1. Get a job. Simple as that. I would prefer a full time job, but even a part time job would do. I just need a regular source of income coming my direction.
  2. Get out of this dump. I have been living here for 6.5 years (wow) now and this building probably has reduced my life expectancy by a decade or two. It's disgusting.. mice are roaming free, mold everywhere (not to mention black mold), a room mate saw asbestos, plus there are water leaks in the building every spring. I need to find an apartment for myself, finally a place where I don't have to share the TV or deal with peoples dishes or anything (or people stealing my food).
  3. Save up. Save up money for a rainy day, for a trip, anything. I want to do something such as go to SxSW in 2011, or even a hot vacation.
  4. Travel more. I'm a bit of a travel bug and in the past year or so, the furthest I've been was to Winnipeg, and that's only 3 hours away. I need to do road trips more.. go to places like Minneapolis, or even Quebec, Edmonton or beyond!
  5. Take more photos. This is something I work on every day. I need to take more photos of my surroundings. If I see something of interest, take a photo of it! Also need to remember: landmarks on the prairies don't last long, while they may be here one day, they may not be there the next.
  6. Lose weight. I've been doing an alright job counting calories/carbs/etc lately, I need to be more outgoing, maybe need to go for a walk/whatever more. I've been doing not bad for that lately. Walking to Timmies and back is a decent walk (2km each way).
  7. Make new friends. I've always had problem making friends. I need to make new friends who are more than just random acquaintances that I may bump into once a year type of thing.
  8. Stop being as stubborn when it comes towards cleaning up after myself. If I need to take out the trash, take it out, instead of letting it build out. Etc. I've always been bad at this. I guess it's because I was used to being cleaned up after when I was young.
  9. Treat myself a bit. I don't mean by splurging on going to Timmies on a day I shouldn't be. Treat myself with stuff when I am able to do well for my life. If I save up a large sum of money and meet my goals, get a brand new TV for it, but nothing too fancy. If I'm able to reach my goals, I should be able to have a bit of fun with my life! Also that means (as part of #2/#3), I should travel more, but make sure I can afford anything I do. If I have to second guess myself, then the answer will be no! So if I am wanting a car say 9 months from now, it will all come down to: "will I be able to afford it?", "is the bus system that horrible?" etc, if the answer is no for either answer or if I have to think, then it's not worth it.
  10. Be more positive. I worry too much, I complain too much. Need to stop thinking that people are saying shit about me. Chances are, it may be happening but the people who say that need a life and they don't matter, their problems are probably worse than mine.

1 comment:

  1. those seem like really good goals, Cody. They're all things that will greatly enhance your quality of life, and make you just happier, in general. Best of luck with all of them!

    ReplyDelete