Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Deux/52! Happy St Patricks Day! O'Hara's Leann Folláin

Today is March 17th, St Patrick's Day for Ireland and most of the world so the second beer of the 52 week Flickr beer project is O'Hara's Leann Folláin from Ireland.

I'm not a fan of stouts, but I drink them from time to time, especially thanks to the Half Pints taster pack (Stir Stick Stout). The first wiff of aroma I get is a bit of a nutty/molasses sort of aroma. The very first taste, to me was kind of a coffee taste, but after a few sips, it no longer tasted like that. Not really a good stout, sort of bland, but drinkable. I have an aftertaste similar to the taste of sesame seeds now. I would rather be drinking a Guinness right now, as it is St Patricks Day, but I'm glad to be drinking something Irish today as I haven't celebrated it beer wise since oh... 2005? Wow.

I bought it for about $2.80 Canadian as it was on sale here in Manitoba (but then again the best before date was for a week ago). The bottle is 355ml, I like the label but it's just a lackluster stout.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment