Monday, March 08, 2010

Hamburquesa?


MMMM bison burger!, originally uploaded by Cody La Bière.

I may be a hamburger purist, a person who enjoys a hunk of beef, someone who grew up on a beef farm, or just plain obsessed.. or.. Picky! I like to have my hamburgers done a certain way. I absolutely detest mustard, onions and processed cheese on my hamburgers. I have been like that my whole life.

If I do want a hamburger at a restaurant, I always tell them in a friendly tone "I would like x burger plain with nothing on it." but what's weird, quite often I will end up with a Burger that has all the toppings, or atleast at minimum, processed cheese slice. Blech. Some restaurants are good for catering to my needs, but others screw up each and every time. Wendy's manages to screw up more often than any other restaurant (diner, fast food or upscale). Their burgers are yummy to eat, but it seems 80% of the time, the burger will come with cheese, even if I go "no cheese please!" the best restaurant for catering to my needs is actually A&W. The last time I remember A&W ever screwing up on the burger was back in 2005. Wow!

I have no clue why I am so darned picky about the staple item of the fast food universe, but it's just one of the million things food-wise I am picky about. Well I do have a right! Anytime I go to a restaurant with a friend, family member or colleague, they like to comment on my eating habits. I get it already! Heck I've done it to people who I didn't know were vegetarian/vegan.

At a restaurant sometimes, I feel like I should be paying a bit less if I don't want cheese/trimmings on it, but I will never go to a restaurant and ask for say.. A bacon mozzarella burger with fried onions and mushrooms and ask for it just as burger plus bacon, and that's it.. That's just wrong!

Perhaps I'm just very anal about how I like my food, or I just know what I like. I've had such pickiness since I was an infant and haven't been able to grow out of it. I HAVE discovered new foods, but for the most part, I still won't eat alot of food. I don't eat fish, wild game, most pork and alot of other stuff. I'm just a picky person, I hear it every single day of my life and I will be a picky person til the day I die.

Whats your thoughts on this? Am I being weird about it? Or do I have the right? I believe I have the right, if vegetarianism, raw veganism and meatatarianism all exist, I should be picky in my beliefs too!

No comments:

Post a Comment