Monday, November 16, 2009

Sometimes.. it's the little things that matter most!

As most of you may know, I've been out of work/out of school for a while, so it has taken a toll on me. I've been applying for jobs quite a bit, online, offline, local, national. Nothing hurts more when you are ambitious to get a great job in a great city then you get an email back saying "We're sorry to inform you that your application does not meet our criteria.

I've been feeling sick lately (not H1N1) and the feeling of rejection has only made it worse, but sometimes it's the little things that matter most.

I turned off my cellphone and computer a few hours ago so I could nap. I wake up and see a message from my friend Pat going "Wake up! There is a blog post in your honour!" I was thinking what in the world? as I didn't know what she was talking about.

So I head over the CBC Radio 3 website, and there was a blog entry just about me. I was in awe. It was a pretty aweful day to begin with, but it gave me a big smile.

Sometimes it's just the little things that matter. Great friends, which I'm lucky to have, are very important.

There was a quote from Adaline, a musician from Vancouver that made me even happier:
I met Cody during the Western Canadian Music Awards after one of my showcases. His love for music is infectious! I only wish more people were as passionate and positive as him! Thanks for supporting us Cody!

Sometimes, you just don't realize how great some things are, I'm lucky to have friends who like good music, who actually like the music you like, who will come all the way from Winnipeg just for a weekend of gigs! (Winnipeggers don't like travelling elsewhere as it is!)

While I've had my ups and downs with music sites, CBC Radio 3 has rocked, I won two Sirius satellites from them back in 2007, I was on the live edition of the R3-30 on this final Radio Two broadcast, and they had me introduce the R3-30 for the Salute to Facial Hair. All that gives me a smirk

Check out the article at CBC Radio 3, it made me laugh too!

No comments:

Post a Comment