Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One of my favourite tropical memories..


Cerveza por favor!, originally uploaded by Cody La Bière.

One of my favourite tropical memories in Mexico wasn't consuming more beer than I could handle, all you can eat buffets, 38C weather when it was -40C in Manitoba.. hell all of those were awesome but it was..

Canadian culture in Mexico! I was overwhelmed (well I get overwhelmed easily) to see so much Canadian culture in Mexico. Well one day, while resting from a long day of being in the ocean, I was flipping through the TV channels. I see this Hugo Boss ad, the song that's being used for the commercial was Shakin' All Over by Chad Allen and the Expressions, or better known as The Guess Who (LINK). I was in awe! Well that wasn't all, as soon as the show came back from commercial, it was a CANADIAN television show, I can't remember the name of it, but I think a drama/crime show. During one scene, they play DJ Champion's "The Plow". It just couldn't get better than that!

While going into the town to go buy souvenirs, I discovered a Scotia Bank. Wow.. just wow. Part of me wanted to visit just to see if I would get Canadian money out of the ATM ;)

Not long later, I go into a small shop, and in the corner of the shop they have a box that they use for garbage like pieces of paper, plastic, tape, etc. The box was a McCain French Fries box from Canada. Seriously?

Lastly, in the same afternoon, I was continuing my walk in town, and I see a vehicle with a retro Ontario licence plate.. why would an Ontario licence plate be doing in Mexico, thousands of kilometres from Ontario? Wow

Seeing so much Canadiana in a country so far from home had me in awe, if anything will ever beat that, I think it'll be time to annex a tropical island!

No comments:

Post a Comment