Friday, November 13, 2009

My 10 goals for 2010


Vieux Quebec mural, originally uploaded by Cody La Bière.
I graduated university in June, and since then, I haven't done anything or gone anywhere. I need a new outlook and direction in life for 2010, so here's 10 goals I have for 2010.

  1. GET a job. This is a no-brainer. I've been unemployed since my job in Quebec finished 14 months ago. I've applied to hundreds of jobs already, not a single call back. I need to focus on actually getting one.
  2. Move. I know Brandon is not a prime location for future opportunities, so I need to find something that is outside of the city. If it means moving to Winnipeg, so be it. I am open to moving to Winnipeg, Ottawa, almost anywhere in Quebec and even the Maritimes.. if it means employment.
  3. Lose weight. Every year is different, sometimes I lose weight without noticing, or gain weight without noticing, but I need to lose it.
  4. Cut down on the beer. I'm hungover as usual
  5. On the other hand.. I want to start a 52 week Beer project, where I try one different beer a week, whether it is something new or something I've had before. It would be interesting. Go from Kokanee to Red Stripe to Hoegaarden to who knows what.
  6. Travel more. I need to discover more of this country, I need to learn more about my own backyard. Also, I need to travel to new places. Road trip anyone?
  7. Cook healthier. I need to stop relying on frozen tv dinners and other frozen foods. This also goes with moving, as it's impossible to cook healthy food in this building as people steal your cookware. I want to make homemade stuff like cookies, bread, and steak in a dark beer marinade.
  8. Be more confident, open up more, evaluate who my friends are. This is a big one I need to work on. I know I'm not confident and I need to work on that. I need to open up more since I usually keep everything to myself. Lastly, I need to evaluate who is/is not a friend as I need to stop getting screwed over time and time again. I would prefer it if they would just already delete me from facebook instead of keeping nights at the bar a secret to me, and if they think I'm whiney or a fat loser, TELL ME, instead of saying it on someone else's god damned Facebook wall where everyone can see.
  9. Improve my French and learn more Spanish. People think I'm fully bilingual in English and French, it's not true. I've been learning French all my life, but I still can't write an essay without looking at my Bescherelle or my French/English dictionary.
  10. Get my finances on track. I'm sick of being broke, sick of not being able to save money for the future. I need to start saving money, put money into the future. Also, stay away from buying stuff I don't need (ie a brand new computer when the newest Apple product comes out.. seriously).

1 comment:

  1. Cody, I think you do all these things as more. If you need any tips/inspiration for the cooking/health thing, let me know!
    LS

    ReplyDelete