Sunday, December 13, 2009

La vie future


Gloomy farm day, originally uploaded by Cody La Bière.

I graduated with a double major Arts degree in Political Science and French back 6 months ago. Since then, I've applied for dozens (if not hundreds by this point) of jobs. Each time I would apply, if I ever heard back from the job, it would always end up with We regret to inform you that.. or you did not state... ...so we regret to inform you, so each and every time, I would end up just as jobless as I have been for.. forever.

I've revised my resumé, I've applied for almost anything (fast food/restaurant aside), I've even gotten people to check out my resumé, it's solid but nobody will hire me it seems.

With this being said, since even before I was near graduation, my mom, like any other mom, nagged me asking me if I found a job yet, every time I talk to her, she asks if I've heard back from any of the employers, sure enough, nope.. I haven't. Now she's telling me to go back to school (this time Community College) and get "office courses" as nobody is hiring me. But.. why would I need office courses to begin with? I've worked moreso in an office environment than anything else to begin with.

She gets all angry about it too now, I've been branching out my options, looking to see who is hiring and where, and sure enough, usually I don't hear back.

Getting the rejection letters on a regular basis hurts my self esteem, why keep going if nobody is going to hire me? Well I need to get out of this hell hole of an apartment and get out of Brandon for once and for all.

With that, my confidence went into the toilet, because I spent 6 years getting a bleeping Arts degree in Politics and French and it's more worthless than a Philosophy degree it seems.

When I started university, I was planning on getting a Business Administration degree, but politics was more up my alley it seemed. My advisor at the time said that politics would probably be my best option over time, as there are limitless possibilities for it, especially with the french aspect of it, I was guaranteed a job "immediately!" She said "that's a great combination for a degree, you will be able to easily find something when you finish! Whether it be working for a television station, to working for a political figure to working for something such as CSIS."

I really have my doubts. I'm a hard working individual, I'm willing to take on a task, and I want to learn new things.

I thought by now I would have done well for myself, probably be living in Winnipeg or Ottawa, have myself a nice place, my own car, make enough money to go to the Vancouver Olympics in February, thought I would be able to stop worrying about money for once.. but life doesn't work that way.

I really do hope 2010 turns out to be a much better year for me, I need to get out and do something, instead of waking up at 4PM 7 days a week, and only going outdoors when I need groceries.. then again.. who would want to go outdoors in this -47 windchill?

Lastly, with all this stress on me from my parents, myself, and others because I don't have a job, I've been feeling physical pain from this stress more than any other stressful period in my life. This is just not healthy for me. I can handle a bit of a headache, but headache plus twitching (of eyes, of legs, of arms, of neck, of feet) plus chest pain plus other pains is just making things worse.

I would say "FML", but I try not to be some emo jackass like that, even if I do seem emo right now! Haha!

Well all I can really do is keep applying for jobs, and hope I stumble into someone who has high connections in high places.. if only!

No comments:

Post a Comment