Tuesday, September 22, 2009

WCMA weekend was a BLAST!

This past weekend the Western Canadian Music Awards took place in my hometown of Brandon, Manitoba. It was an amazing time. Not only did musicians from all over western Canada come to town for the weekend, but industry folk and tourists from elsewhere all came to town JUST for the awards! It was an amazing time. I met one person who was from Germany who came in town for the awards.

One of my highlights of the weekend was seeing Dan Mangan performing his hit "Robots", then calls up a group of guys he referred to as "roudy farmers", but what I didn't realize that these "roudy farmers" were actually the great Edmonton band "The Wheat Pool". You can see a picture of the performance above.

I have never seen a musical weekend like this weekend in Brandon, so many amazing musicians, in such a small period of time. I hope this brings more musicians to town in the future, instead of them just stopping for a pit stop and thats it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Great pics BTW... If I need more I'll
    do the same as we did, NxEW.ca is grateful!

    Cheers!

    Russ

    ReplyDelete