Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bands I NEED to see (again)!

We've all been to concerts where we are so wowed by the musician that we just have to see them again (and again, and again and again!) Or we have times we have desired to see a certain musician, but never gotten to the opportunity to do so. What are some musicians you just NEED to see (again)?

For me, I'll start off with bands I need to see AGAIN!:
  • Library Voices - they put on an amazing rocking show here in Brandon, I heard them slightly when I was indoors doing merch one day, missing the whole show, it sounded like people were having fun, but I had to miss them until they played again a few days later.
  • The Wheat Pool and Dan Mangan - I saw these acts back to back this weekend, and I was amazed by both shows. The crowds appeared to be having a kick ass time too, they know how to entertain their audience!
  • We Are Wolves - I like nice electronicish music sometimes, I knew many of their songs, but never realized how kick ass they were live until I saw them perform a free show in Quebec City.
  •  Les Trois Accords - Definitely one of the best party indie rock bands to come from Quebec, great time to dance and get drunk to!
  • Volcanoless in Canada - I never really ever heard of them until they played a show in Brandon back in the summer.. all I can describe them as "acoustic rock", more emphasis on the rock than the acoustic, they're that good!
  • Burton Cummings/Bachman Cummings Band/The REAL Guess Who - Nuff said
Now for musicians I NEED to finally see, but haven't been able to:
  • Mojave - A great acoustic group from Vancouver, I got in touch with them thanks to one of the band members posting on a Flickr page of mine, and sure enough not long after they had a concert in Brandon. I was looking forward to checking dudes out (er I should say dude/dudette), but sometimes life sucks.. the night they were playing Brandon (at one of the creepiest venues in town after City Centre), my girlfriend's parents truck broke down 10 minutes outside town.. just my luck huh? That weekend in general was not great in any way. I hope they come back to Manitoba sooner or later
  • Joel Plaskett - While he may be insanely overrated in my opinion, he's still a great musician, I've wanted to see him live for quite a while now
  • Matt Mays - I've loved this dude's music since I first heard Cocaine Cowgirl on the radio like what.. 3-4 years ago? I STILL haven't seen him live! I suggested to Sam Roberts a few years back that they need to collaborate on a whole album together someday.. he wasn't against the idea it seemed! That'd be killer!
  • Mother Mother - another great Indie act that I hear delivers an amazing show!
  • Jean Leloup - one of the biggest musicians in Quebec, he's an amazing song writer and musician. He doesn't usually ever tour west of Quebec.
  • Damien Robitaille - My favourite Franco-Ontarien musician, ALL of his songs are catchy, upbeat and make me stop whatever I'm doing each and every time I hear his catchy songs! He's another musician who needs to come west!
Now what about for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment