Monday, January 04, 2010

My Top Five Favourite Photos on Flickr

I've been on Flickr for over 3 years now and I originally started my account there as a way to keep a copy of my Quebec City photos backed up, as I have bad luck with photos. As I got more and more photos from the trip on the website, I started to take photos for just for fun just to post on there. For the first while I didn't post often, maybe once every 6 months tops. As soon as I got a Flickr pro account, I had one month where I posted over 500 photos! Now I post whatever I think is interesting or just plain funny, from pictures of beer, to funny cats to concerts I go to. Some photos turned out "ZOMG", some turned out just plain alright, and others turned out "meh, could be better". But there's the photos I felt were my faves.

Here's my top 5 photos I've ever posted on Flickr!


On June 23, 2007, Pipestone had one of its largest tornadoes in many decades. I had personally never seen a tornado in my life. For many weeks following the tornado, I was still startled, and shaking uncontrollably non-stop. It was also a major "wow" event for me, just to see it. My mom had her camera out, but both the battery was dead, and the memory card was full of pictures. Very inconvenient as the camera has a Lithium ion battery! So I whipped out my trusty Motorola v635 camera and took this photo. While it's average cellphone quality, it circulated the internet and only hours later made it to the Weather Network's website. It was also posted in the Winnipeg Sun the following day. The tornado did alot of damage that we're still paying for today.



Back in September we had the Western Canadian Music Awards in town, a few close friends came into town, so we bar hopped and venue hopped, seeing well over a dozen live shows in a short amount of time. It was amazing. At the pub where we went before heading to the concerts, I wanted a photo of the gang together, so I got the waiter to take a photo. While I didn't take the photo, me forgetting to turn off the settings made this photo HILARIOUS! I had it set to taking a constant stream of photos for 10 seconds, so this photo occured, nearly scaring him shitless! It was hilarious and I still laugh at it.





I just loved this photo that I took a few weeks ago. I've always wanted to be cheesy and do a beer theme, like a Corona on the Beach (Miles from the Ordinary or whatnot), so Winter & Snow + Winter Ale sounded like a perfect idea. It was. I loved doing it, while it was cold, chilly and hurting my hands, the photo turned out great! I'll do this for a beer theme again one day. PS The Winter Ale wasn't great, tasted like how wax smells.



One thing about Quebec City I hated was the weather, one minute it would be raining, the next it would be sunny. I never understood it. So it was always mandatory to have an umbrella with you at all times. This is an example of how bad the weather is. The part of the city I was in was still fairly warm, sunny, but only 100 metres away it was pouring rain like cats and dogs! On the upside, it made this photo turn out amazing!




This is my absolute favourite photo I have ever taken and posted on Flickr. It was taken at the right place at the right time. The band Volcanoless in Canada performed at the Brandon Folk Fest back last summer, and decided to check them out. I was pleased! I love how this photo turned out, 4/5 of the band is appearing to be really rockin themselves out! I loved it!

Whatcha think? What are absolute favourite photos that you've ever taken?

No comments:

Post a Comment